Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Am I blue?

No. I'm not sad. I just wonder am I blue?

A blog challenge happened my way and, having been lapse in keeping things up to date here, I jumped on it. My mission, blog about COLOR.

Whenever someone asks me that question, I go to blue. The water. The clear blue sky of a spring day. Blue jeans. My bridesmaids dresses. Em's eyes. These are all some of my favorite things.

But, then I remember green. The grass on a sporting field. Mine, Mr. & HK's eyes. Margaritas. These are just some of the many ways I enjoy green. I am also drawn to green as a favorite color to wear. It just goes with the red hair.

I can't forget red. Red Fridays (for the Chiefs & our local Tigers). My first SUV. Christmas. The varying shades of hair color at our house. While I don't think to call it my favorite, I am drawn to it.

If I mention red, I feel compelled to add yellow. It was a favorite of mine growing up. It makes me feel warm, like the sun. It gives me a smile. Lemon yellow---yum!

I can't imagine my life without all of these colors (& many more). What I like best about them..
the way they compliment my favorite, blue. The green grass up against the ocean. My favorite red turtleneck with my most comfy Levi's. And the memories of my bedroom growing up. Fresh new blue carpet with my yellow bedroom set. So many memories.

So yes, I am blue. And that's ok!

No comments: