Tuesday, June 27, 2006

CARS

Finally took the girls, meaning the daughters, to see Disney/Pixar "Cars".

Let me backtrack a bit...
I am a big fan of the Pixar movies, they are some of my favorites ("Toy Story" 1 & 2, "The Incredibles"). They do an excellent job of reaching both markets. The kids are fully entertained, as are the accompanying big people.

Ok-back to "Cars". As the movie began, I realized we were about to watch a Disney movie featuring Nascar. Seriously, this is what it's come to. NASCAR????????????? Give me a break! Thanks goodness, the racing scene was only in and out of the film. But, did anyone else find it odd that 'Mater (you know the truck voiced by Larry the Cable Guy), DID NOT KNOW Lightening WAS A RACE CAR. I mean, isn't that, like their TARGET MARKET? Do not get me started. You don't want to hear my dirty Nascar joke. It puts me in a bad light. Pshaww~!

Anywho, we all did enjoy the film. Loved the whole message of slowing down and taking time to enjoy the finer beauties in life. But did they have to subject me to the whole Nascar scene. I just don't get it.

Ahh-much better with that vent out!

No comments: