Tuesday, November 22, 2005

LOST Tooth

H waited almost 7 years to lose her first tooth. The anticipation was as much fun as watching her bite into the apple, and say" What!?".

Shortly after that, tooth #2 started wiggling around. This one had her worried, as the permanent tooth was starting to sprout behind it. She announced at school, on the way to the dentist, "You may not recognize me tomorrow. I'm getting my retainer." I never should have told her that when my tooth did that, a retainer help straighten things out--WHEN I WAS 16, not 7! Worrywart! Luckily, Dr. I. eased her mind, telling her it would come out in it's own time, that big tooth was just helping it out. I'd say. Yesterday, after school, as she bit into a chocolate chip cookie, tooth 2 popped out. Where? We don't know. We checked the floor, nothing. Likely, it was swallowed with the chip that did the trick. My normally freaked-out-by-such-a-thing child, took it all in stride, telling everyone, "I lost my tooth. I mean really lost it".

She's a clever one!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My daughter lost a tooth once by biting into an apple, and my son lost and swallowed a tooth while eating chocolate chip ice cream.

Anonymous said...

My son lost his first tooth after getting smacked in the face by a ball I threw. Now anytime he has a loose tooth he asks me to hit him again... Not the sort of endearing memory I'd liek to be creating, but oh well!! --J