Idol is down to the top 12!
The only thing that would make it even better?
Sanjaya must go!
It is lakisha's & melinda's to lose.
The rest of this year's group seems to be lacking.
They really just seem like the next door neighbor.
Saying that, Blake can move in anytime!
C.Cobb-out!
OK-that was 2 months ago. This season has really had me speechless. Seriously! I mean Stephanie and Sabrina left before Sanjaya. They called Chris Richardson a "JT" look alike. Didn't see it. Ended up loving Phil, when he had a hat on. Hated to see him go.
And those final four...
So much for my theory that it was L & M's to lose. I don't truly think that either of them LOST. They will both move on to greener pastures. Lakisha peaked too soon. She told us she "I'm not going", but it became clear that the voice was not ready for the long run. And Melinda, she could sing, even gave us a little rock edge. I think that her ousting shows that it is not really a "singing competition" as Simon says. Sure they can all sing, but it's about who will sell the records. In my circles, not many would buy a Melinda album. Jordin or Blake, absolutely! Do you think they will sell Blake posters? Just wondering...
Anyhow...
The final two, Blake and Jordin. I do like both of them, it's a real toss up.
Jordin has a phenomenal voice for 17 and personality PLUS! She just sings so old. No more of the nothing song. It does nothing for me. More contemporary ballads.
Blake, yum! And I do enjoy the beat boxing. Just ask the girls. they enjoy my impression. I will go on record as saying that beat boxing Bon Jovi--NO!!!! He can sing and made it his own, but it is not his own. It will for ever be Bon Jovi's!
and on that note, come on John & Richie. We are teased by the "classics" on singing night and get a new s-l-o-w song. "Shot to the heart", for sure.
Hey, speaking of guests, WTH happened to Barry Gibb? A dear friend called, remembering how much she enjoyed him in the younger years. We wondered what Andy would look like if he was still with us, Barry style or better. We decided to imagine he would have aged as gracefully as Rob Lowe (wouldn't it be nice if they all did?).
Does Idol see these guys before they book them. Remember Kenny Rogers last year? He looked "roasted".
So that's my Idol review in a nutshell. I'm leaning towards Jordin, but who knows. Share your thoughts.
C. Cobb - out!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment